Orijen's ultimate biologically appropriate freeze-dried food reflects the evolutionary diet - locking in all the flavor and nutritional benefits of raw foods, just as Mother Nature intended. Prepared without cooking, ORIJEN Freeze-Dried foods retain the natural goodness of our authentically fresh ingredients.
Orijen's award-winning kitchens are equipped with nitrogen tunnels which flash-freeze our fresh regional ingredients at extremely low temperatures, to retain their life-giving nutrients. Then during a slow 18-hour freeze-drying process, the frozen water is converted directly into vapor, without creating any liquid. This means only water is gently removed from our fresh ingredients, leaving behind richly nourishing goodness in concentrated form, for a taste experience your dog will truly love.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey ratios of poultry, organs and cartilage
- Fresh meats are the foundation of Orijen's foods and all are delivered fresh (refrigerated, without preservatives) or raw (flash-frozen, without preservatives), then gently freeze-dried
- Low-glycemic fresh fruits and vegetables maintain good digestive health and limit carbohydrates, while botanicals act as tonics and builders to cleanse your dog's body
- Quick and easy, Orijen Freeze-Dried food takes only 5 minutes to prepare by simply adding a 1/4 cup warm water to each medallion and waiting 3-5 minutes for them to rehydrate
- There are 20 nutritious and delicious servings for an 11 lb dog in each 16 oz bag, or you can break up a medallion and sprinkle it over Orijen dry food to tempt fussy eaters
- Gently freeze-dried in Orijen's kitchens without cooking or preservatives, to lock in natural, life-giving goodness and provide all the flavor and nutritional benefits of raw food
Ingredients:Chicken (ground with bone), turkey (ground with bone), whole herring, chicken liver, chicken heart, whole eggs, spinach greens, pea fiber, turkey liver, turkey heart, whole flounder, ground whole sunflower seeds, whole pumpkin, butternut squash, whole carrots, whole cranberries, whole blackberries, whole blueberries, apples, pears, plums, apricots, brown kelp, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, dandelion root, summer savory, peppermint leaf, ginger root, zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate.
Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 36%, Crude Fat (min) 35%, Crude Fiber (max) 5%, Moisture (max) 4%
Calorie Content:Each medallion contains 75 kcal
ORIJEN features poultry and fish in authentic WholePrey ratios, including richly nourishing liver and heart, marrow and cartilage which supply nutrients in natural form.
For your dog to enjoy ORIJEN’s amazing fresh food flavors to the fullest, rehydrate ORIJEN freeze-dried foods by adding 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) of warm water per medallion, wait 3-6 minutes and serve.
To speed rehydration, break medallions into three pieces, place in a bowl and pour warm water over the top.
Small to Medium Size Dogs:Using the feeding guide as an initial guide, feed approximately 4% of your dog's weight in reconstituted food daily. Feel Free to supplement with the occasional raw meaty bone.
Large Breed Dogs:For each 5 kgs/11 lbs of additional body weight feed 1 1/2 additional medallions daily.
Puppies and Pregnant Dogs:
- Puppies: up to 50% grown feed twice adult amount, 50-75% grown feed 1 1/2 times the adult amount, and 75-100% grown feed 1 1/4 times the adult amount.
- Gestation: add 1/2 extra medallion per 5 kgs of the mother's body weight per day.
- Lactation: feed free choice.